The Office of Environmental Science Cyberinfrastructure (OESC), leads the planning and development of NIEHS Computer and Information Technology (I&IT) strategy. I & IT initiatives are aligned with the strategic objectives and the overall mission of the institute.
I&IT plays a vital role in enabling scientific discovery, facilitating scientific collaborations and team science, and communicating the results to the wider community.
The NIEHS I&IT mission is to provide an innovative and reliable cyber infrastructure that advances the science of environmental health and promotes healthier lives.
The NIEHS I&IT vision is to empower and catalyze the translation of data into knowledge to act and improve public health through the application of transformative cyber infrastructures.
To advance this mission and this vision, we are:
- Collaborate with the NIEHS intramural and extramural research communities to identify and deliver critical cyber infrastructure.
- Guide the institute’s I&IT strategy to achieve our scientific and administrative priorities.
- Provide executive and managerial leadership of the I&IT teams.
David C. Fargo, Ph.D.
Director of Environmental Sciences Cyberinfrastructure
P.O. Box 12233
Mail deposit B3-01
Durham, North Carolina 27709
- University of Liberia to start undergraduate and graduate courses in environmental science
- Importance of studying environmental science and management for a better world
- Incineration Plant Emissions Monitoring – December 03, 2015 – Gary Egerton – Environmental Science News Articles
- Dr. Jacqueline Applegate, Head of Environmental Sciences at Bayer CropScience